CALL for the 2013 Production |
Join us for our seventh season!
C A L L
THE TIME COMMITMENT & GENERAL SCHEDULE
· The Company first assembles July 5th, 2013. All performers arrive with book and musical score memorized. We are off-book at the first rehearsal!
· The entire show must be constructed within a twelve day rehearsal schedule.
· Dancers meet day times and evenings
· Leads meet as scheduled
· The full company meets evenings
Kanesville offers public performances the last two weeks of July
through August 3rd
ABOUT THE PRODUCTION
presentational theatre. Cast members establish strong eye contact
with audience members.
We perform TO the
audience, not IN FRONT OF the audience.
FACE -- bright eyes,
SINGING -- Ideally, all
roles are singing roles.
· DANCE ENSEMBLE -- We need a strong dance ensemble of 8 M & 8 W. No all dancers need to be singers.
ACTORS - SINGERS FOR LEADING ROLES
Actors-Singers for Leading Roles:
· Thomas Kane, any age adult male. Kane narrates the production and sings solos, duets and within the choral ensemble.
· Jonathan Briggs, adult male, old enough to have a son age 19 to 24. . Jonathan sings solos and within ensembles. To a limited extent, he also dances.
· Widow Mary Lewis, adult female, Jonathan's love interest, has two young children. She sings solo and within ensembles.
· Nathan Briggs, 19 to 24 years old. Hannah's love interest. Nathan must also be a solo singer.
· Hannah Martin, 15 to 19 years old, Nathan's love interest. Hannah is a solo singer and also sings within ensembles. It can be said that “Come Home to Kanesville” is Hannah’s story, as she is the central figure of the plot arc.
· Richard Martin, Hannah's older brother, marches with the Mormon Battalion. Richard sings solo and within ensembles.
· Marian Hoyt, 16 to 20 year old, Richard's love interest, Hannah's best friend.
· William Martin, Hannah's father.
· Rachael Martin, Hannah's mother, must also be a solo and small ensemble singer.
· Brigham Young (very important speaking role) Need not be a singing role.
The vocal ensemble is ideally cast with 14 additional women and
12 additional men of all ages. Part singing throughout.
We build "families" on stage, and can use "stage"
personalities of all ages, 8 – 88.
Dance skills are a plus, but not necessary.
· First of all -- we are very informal ... relax!
· Contact Broc Brockway, Artistic Director at email@example.com
· Send a brief resume of your acting, singing and dancing experiences and training.
· We will then ask you to sing two unaccompanied hymns – one slow, the other fast.
· Submit vocal auditions on YouTube, FaceBook or other
· Dancers submit video auditions, also. Once you contact us, our Choreographer will in turn contact you.
COSTS TO BE IN THE SHOW
The Company assumes your basic costume cost, and will keep your costume from year-to-year. You pay nothing for your basic costume.
You assume responsibility for these costs, and you keep these costume parts.
· hairpiece - women
· undergarments - all
· boots - men
· shoes - boys
· black or brown character footwear - women
· Women, we provide costumed undergarments such as pantaloons.
"Married women" will have their hair "up." "Single women/girls" will have their hair "down." This means that some "girls" will have to purchase designated hair pieces [but you also keep whatever you have to purchase]
Women may wear appropriate low-heeled dance shoes.
Boots... "Men" will be expected to provide appropriate boots. Typical western cowboy boots will not be appropriate. Look at the boots in the Battalion display at the Kanesville Tabernacle, and you'll get a good idea what you'll need.
"Boys" will wear a non-descript shoe.
All persons wishing to participate in any technical aspect of the show, please contact us -- firstname.lastname@example.org We need help with:
· Lighting [June & July, at the Tabernacle]
· Scene construction [June & July, at the Tabernacle]]
Stitching costumes [January – July.
You can live anywhere in
· Props [July, at the Tabernacle]
· Sound and light board operators [July, at the Tabernacle]
· Website design and maintenance [All year. Live anywhere]
· Publicity [All year. Live anywhere]
· Ushering in costume [Last two weeks of July, at the Tabernacle]
TRANSPORTATION, HOUSING AND MEALS
You provide round-trip transportation to and from
· We help pair you with those car-pooling from distant parts [Option]
· We house you in “stake-president-approved” member homes
· Your host provides “brunch,” Kanesville, Inc. offers a reasonably-priced meal ticket for the main 5 PM meal: 26 days in July-August for $100.
Questions? Fire away!
We're lookin' forward to meetin' ya!
COPYRIGHT © KANESVILLE, INC, 2010, GRAPHIC ART